recent posts

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fabulous Fall

I love Fall.  It is my favorite season.  The cooler weather is such a treat after a hot, humid Arkansas summer.  It has only been really cool a couple of days.  Yesterday it was back up to the mid 80's.  I don't care.  I know true summer is over and for me Fall signals the beginning of the Holiday season.  I love all holidays, but the ones that come around at the end of the year are my favorites.  Starting with Halloween and ending with NewYear's Day.

I have made a couple of Halloween wreaths I thought I would share.  The first one I just threw together with what I had and I think it turned out cute.


I started with a styrofoam wreath form and burlap ribbon I bought at Wal-Mart.  I looked and looked for black roses, I mean it is almost Halloween, but with no luck.  I bought some white roses at Dollar Tree and spray painted them black.  I also found the orange and black Halloween ribbon and crow at Dollar Tree.  I added those then cut out a "Boo" sign from scrapbook paper and that was all there was to it.  It probably cost about $8 to make.

This next one only cost me $2!




 I got the idea from this pin on Pinterest.


For mine, I bought a wreath and a skeleton garland from Dollar Tree.  I spray painted the wreath black and then tied the skeletons on.  Pretty good for two bucks.  I have to say though, having a big, nice full wreath is certainly more eye-catching.

I can't remember if I posted these little treat stands I made.  I saw a cute DIY by Kate over at Centsational Girl.  The bigger one was hot pink.  It was the only hot pink thing in my house.  So I spray painted it black and hung some cute ghost earrings my sister gave me over the edge.


We are going to carve our pumpkin tonight.  I think we are going to go with a traditional jack-o-lantern face.  I think my almost 3-yr old will appreciate it more than something super fancy.  We'll see.

How are you decorating for Halloween?  Have you made anything this year?  Tell me all about it in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment