recent posts

Sunday, March 31, 2013

{Garnier Olia Permanent Hair Color} A Review

I have been meaning to color my hair for a long time.  I had some grays that really needed to be covered.  I tried Garnier Olia Oil Based Permanent Hair Color.



I have dark brown to black hair and I wanted to add some color.  I chose the Dark Intense Auburn.




Here is my before picture:


And here is my after, please excuse the flyaway hair.  It has been very humid.



It is a subtle difference with inside lighting.  When I am outside, you can see the red much better.  But that is ok, I like subtle.  

Olia is Garnier's new "Oil-Powered" hair color.  It uses oil to help the color penetrate your hair and leaves it smooth and shiny.  I have to say, this is the first hair color I have used that did not, uhm, how do I say this?  Stink!  Reek!  Smell bad.  ;)  All kidding aside, I honestly could not smell the hair color unless I put my nose right up to the bottle.  That was a happy plus.

The directions were easy to understand and the packaging was geared toward "upscale."  It included black gloves and the shape of the applicator bottle was pleasing.  I left the color in my hair for 30 minutes.

After rinsing, I applied the included conditioner.  There is enough conditioner for several applications.  Overall, I am very happy with the product.

If you are going to color your hair, at home or at a salon, you need to do a few things to maintain your color. Maintenance not only helps your color last, it keeps your hair healthy.  I like to use a shampoo and conditioner specifically made for colored hair.  I also like to use an oil treatment once every 2-3 months.  I also flat-iron my hair and use a protective spray prior to ironing.

Do you color your hair at home?  At a salon?  Not at all?  What products do you use to keep your hair looking healthy?  I would love to know.

Thanks for stopping by,
Natosha

*I am a BzzAgent and was provided free product.  However, all opinions are 100% honest and mine.



No comments:

Post a Comment